Acne can occur at any age and if you have sensitive skin, then you are more prone to acne than others. It leaves behind scars and pits that some carry for life. But a little care can go a long way in keeping your skin acne free. However, if you already have acne, follow the given acne treatment tips for a clear and glowing skin.
1. Keep your face clean – This is the first step to treating acne. Use a cleanser that does not strip your skin of its oils to clean it. It should clean the oil on the surface of skin gently. This oil clogs the pores of skin and cause bacteria to build up which in turn causes acne. Splash cool water on your face and apply the cleanser in circular motion. Use a wash cloth to dislodge the blackheads and to cleanse skin of surface oil. But remember to change the cloth everyday.
2. Exfoliate – This is as essential as cleansing is. But too much of exfoliation can cause the acne to spread. It also results in inflammation of skin. Therefore, exfoliate once in a week but do it gently and only when you do not have acne.
3. Topical creams – There are a number of products available for sensitive skin. Use creams that contain Retin-A for topical application. They are effective but they dry the skin and irritate it. When you are using such products, ensure that you do not apply too much of the cream and if the skin is too irritated, then consult your physician to change the dosage.
4. Moisturizer – Moisturizer is essential not only for dry skin but also for oily and sensitive skin. Look for a moisturizer that has been specially formulated for sensitive skin as they maintain the oil balance of skin without causing acne.
5. Sunblock – Many people avoid using sunblock as they feel it may enhance the acne. However, it is only a myth. Using a sunblock protects sensitive skin. However, if you are using topical creams for acne treatment, apply the cream before applying the moisturizer or sunblock.
Apart from these, you can wash your face with water to which lavender oil has been added. This will calm and soothe acne prone skin and is an effective acne treatment. You can also get a facial done at a salon or at home to clear your skin of clogged pores.
When you are using skin care products ensure that they do not contain ingredients that clog pores and irritate skin. Diet and exercise play a major role in keeping your skin healthy and glowing. Keep away from oily foods and eat a lot of healthy foods with fiber. Sugar, coffee, tea and too many carbohydrates in your diet can cause skin inflammation leading to acne. Protect your skin and care for it so that it looks young and remains healthy in the years to come.